Yale Law School
Columbia Law School
Duke Law School
EEOC v. Apple Metro, Inc. et al.
Title VII sex discrimination case brought on behalf of a transgender employee subjected to harsssment and retaliation.
Title VII religious discrimination case brought on behalf of class of employees who were subjected to religious harassment in the workplace.
Section 1983 case brought in behalf of a transgender inmate who was denied gender-dysphoria related medical care and safe keeping in violation of the 8th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Successful initiative to repeal ordinance that subjected transgender Alabamians to arrest and criminal charges for using restrooms in accordance with their gender.
Dye v. Summerford Nursing Home
Title VII sex discrimination case brought on behalf of transgender employee subjected to discriminatory discharge. Broussard v. Tower Loan
Title VII sex discrimination case brought on behalf of transgender employee subjected to discriminatory discharge.
Medical malpractice action brought on behalf of intersex child subjected to gender assignment surgery as an infant without prior informed consent.
- Keynote Speaker, UNC Law School Civil Rights Conference, Gender and the Punitive State - February 23, 2019
- Invited Presenter, Columbia Law School Symposium on Reframing Transgender Violence - January 25, 2019 (Link)
- Keynote Speaker, Yale Law School 2018 Rebellious Lawyering Conference (Link)
- Invited Speaker, The Front Lines of Gender Justice: The Future of Queer and Trans Rights (Link)
- Invited Presenter, LGBTQ Law 2018 Year in Review CLE - January
- Invited Speaker, Duke Law School Civil Rights Conference, Developments and Ongoing Challenges for LGBTQ Communities (Link)
- Commentator, MSNBC, The Melissa Harris-Perry Show (Link)
- Commentator, MSNBC, Seema Iyer's The Docket (Link)
- Commentator, Huffington Post Live (Link)
- Presenter, 2017 Yale Law School Rebellious Lawyering Conference
- Presenter, World Professional Association on Transgender Health Inaugural U.S. Conference
- Lecturer, Columbia Law School, LGBT Rights After Marriage: What's Left?
- Presenter, LGBT* in the South, Dismantling the Discrimination to Incarceration Pipeline for Transgender People of Color
- Presenter, Lavender Law, Pro Bono Partnerships
- Presenter, Lavender Law, Update on Legal and Human Rights Developments Affecting the Intersex Community
- Presenter, Transgender Law Symposium, Updates in Employment Law
- Presenter, Black History Month Gala: The Legacy of Bayard Rustin
- Presenter, Alabama State University Symposium, Being Black & LGBTQ